Clay Bells Ring, are you Listening? New for December – Clay and Scissors
New Exclusive Scissors
We have long carried scissors, from many different brands. They all came in different sizes, packages, brands, metals, and from all around the globe. Although they were all good scissors, we wanted to make certain our customers were consistently getting the best scissor we can offer. We have partnered with one of the best scissor makers in America in our new line of scissors.
What makes these scissors so special? I’m glad you asked. All of our new scissors…
- …are manufactured with care in the USA, and are composed of American and Japanese high-carbon alloy stainless steel. Most models boost a 58-60 HRC (Rockwell Hardness Scale), which retains a sharp blade longer than most scissors that weigh in at 54 (or less) HRC.
- All of the edges are professionally honed to create the sharpest, longest lasting blade possible. This makes every cut easier for years to come. Like your kitchen knives, sharp scissors are easier and safer to work with—reducing slips and accidental cuts.
- …are properly torqued with an optimal level of blade tension. This reduces hand strain and allows for smoother, controlled opening and closing of the blades. They will not loosen during use.
- …are packaged in a reusable vinyl storage bag. When you open your order from Fibre Glast, you won’t need scissors just to get into your scissors. The vinyl pouches protect your scissors in shipping, and protect them after each and every use.
- …feature durable, ergonomic handles. The handle on each model was designed for that specific model application. Whether they are dipped or molded, they were made to be withstand years of use and abuse, while providing a comfortable grip.
- …are designed to cut Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass. We even have a pair that has been modified for KEVLAR™ or other hard-to-cut aramid fabrics.
These fantastic scissors are available in four varieties:
|2732-A||Detail Trimmer||Cut flashing and detail with precision|
|2733-A||Modified Kevlar™ Scissors||Easily cut through KEVLAR without pulling fibers!|
|2734-A||9-5/8″ Bent Scissors||High leverage “go to” scissor|
|2735-A||12″ Resharpenable Bent Scissors||Industry favorite; extra leverage; shear designed to be sharpened again and again|
Chavant Monu-Melt Clay
Hundreds of customers buy a variety of modeling clay from us every year. Modeling clay has always been a useful tool in composite part design and molding, and Chavant has always been the gold standard.
We are proud to now stock Chavant’s new Monu-Melt Clay to this line. Monu-Melt is a pleasure to work with like all Chavant clays; it’s incredibly smooth, tacky without being too gummy, prevents air bubbles, and it blends into itself with ease. It’s oil based, so it never dries out. Monu-Melt also has a unique quality—as the name alludes, it can be melted.
“Why would I melt my clay?” You’re asking a lot of good questions today. Let’s say you want to do a large, full scale plug for your composite part tooling. You could use a LOT of clay, pour foam, primers, sealers, wood, and other materials to build this plug. Or, you could cut (or CNC) it out of foam, and brush it with melted Monu-Melt. This allows you to smooth or detail the plug as desired, and then create mold after an application of PVA separator (#13-A).
The Monu-Melt is available in 2lb billets (that’s jargon for “brick of clay”), or a 40 pound case.
Industrial Design Clay Tool Sets
I know that you’re okay with using a butter knife to cut and sculpt your clay, but trust me, there’s a better way. Chavant has perfected the tools you need to perfect your model. There’s a lot of different sizes and styles to choose from, so we’ve simplified your choice to three complete kits that cover the most popular tools.
The Industrial Design Set (#1125-A) is the traditional style of tools you may have seen before. They are also made in the USA, and feature a beefy wooden handle with hand-brazed cutting wires. It included four double-ended carving tools, two cutting rakes, one finisher blade, and a tempered steel for smoothing curves.
We also now offer two Glyptic sets from Chavant. These set save space and cost by sharing a common handle. The carving heads then pop into the handle as you need them. These are available in the Monumental set (#1126-A) and the Standard Set (#1127-A).
Stay tuned for more exciting products coming in 2017!
KEVLAR® Fabric is made with genuine DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber. DuPont™ and KEVLAR® are registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and are used with permission.